Thursday, January 14, 2010

Breaking In Baby?


I know it sounds strange, but my thought as I brought home my firstborn from the hospital was that it was time for us to break him in, like a new pair of Jimmy Choos. Right away, he may be uncomfortable with this new world surrounding him, but soon, he would fit right in. Boy, was I wrong!

After a few short nights (literally "short" because of the lack of sleep), I realized that I, as the new mommy, was the blistered foot wearing the new Jimmy Choo. How could I not have known? The twelve plus hour back labor should have been my first clue! My life was now the uncomfortable one.... what with a vaginal tear, cracking nipples, hemorrhoids, and a complete lack of sleep... I was feeling broken.

In speaking with other mothers, I found that almost every mom has to go through the painful "breaking in" process full of blisters and Band-aids before "shoes" become comfortable. My goal is to provide you with a few tips may help you break in your new shoes and strut down the street with style, comfort, and ease.

Got to run- keeping in mind I'm running with style, comfort, and ease- my little man has loudly announced his alertness...again!

No comments:

Post a Comment